Onion-Garlic Sticks

When we had an Indonesian gathering two months a go, Kak Elsi brought this snacks. It´s really good. I watched how quickly they disappear. So, I asked her for the recipe. Unfortunately, I couldn´t make it directly because I don´t have a noodle/pasta machine. Of course, you can still make it manually but it will take longer than if we use this gadget. Thanks to WSV (winter schluss verkauft/winter sale), thought this machine can be used in every season :)). I prefer to buy a stainless steel-made than chromium-plated noodle machine. The reason for the choice, this metal doesn´t corrode easily. My oldest son helped me to make noodles, he really enjoyed using the gadget.

Ingredients:
1 kg all purpose flour
200 ml coconut milk
1 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 egg
3 tbsp celery, finely chopped
salt
spices to grind: 5 shallots/small red onion, 4 cloves garlic
cooking oil for frying

directions: mix all of ingredients. Knead the dough until pastry is smooth and elastic. Use the noodle/pasta machine to make noodles then cut into 4-5 cm in length, spread a little bit flour to avoid them sticking together. Fry in a deep frying pan until golden brown.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...