Potato Pie

When I saw Shepherd´s Pie at Stevita´s Kitchen, I thougt my kids´d like it. I´d rather call that Potato Pie, it´s called "Pastel Tutup" in Indonesian. Whatever the name is, its taste so good. Instead of making homemade mashed potato, I´ve used Kartoffel Püree/mashed potato powder. My oldest son has told me that Pie becomes one of his favourite food. No wonder, nothing left for me!. Thank you Wita.

Ingredients:
3 packs (3x100g) Kartoffel (potatoes) Püree
1 liter warmed milk

1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

salt, pepper, nutmeg, as desired
100 g grated cheese, only for topping
Mix all of ingredients together


for filling:
Stir fried minced beef and vegetables
500 g minced beef
5 carrots, cut into small pieces

500 g string beans, cut into small pieces

1 onion, finely sliced

3 cloves garlics, crushed

1 teaspoon thyme

1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
salt, as desired
3 tablespoons cooking oil

Note: I´ve used only a half of filling for this recipe.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...